*Next session begins Monday, April 12, 2021
All Live Sessions take place on your computer via Zoom
LEARN The 6 KEY Elements for Creating GREAT VO Recordings!
You won’t learn by watching others.
You LEARN by DOING the EDITING.
This is the course TO DO THAT!
Total Investment – $325
Have you already been through the program and want a refresher?
Take Larry’s Course if you are interested in learning to record and edit for your VO career. My wife and I both took his Course and we swear by Larry’s great support system. It’s WORTH THE BUCKS AND MORE. 5 STARTS!!!
There is a reason I call Larry Hudson my favorite “Mensch.” There are other classes out there but are a fraction of the training Larry gives. I would say if you are looking for a passionate instructor who cares deeply about their students, then this is the Course you want to take!
I found the 5 week course to be priceless! The information you teach is so helpful in cutting down time in editing & mastering. This whole class was just imperative for the Audacity user!!
I am not a technical savvy person. I when I started my VO career I tried to learn Audacity via YouTube, I felt overwhelmed. Someone recommended Larry Hudson’s Course and I went for it. His Audacity Course teaches you more than you could ever learn from a video. I was up and running within the first week. His Course gave me the skills and confidence I needed to get my audiobook career on track.
I just finished listening to the first Audacity class and just want to say: YOU ROCK! This was absolutely fabulous and just what I needed. I can’t tell you how many problems have been solved and how much more confident I feel now using these tools!
I took Larry’s Audacity course the last time it was offered and WOW! Audacity had been my choice of recording software for years, but I had no idea what I didn’t know about the software. His course has saved me so much time when recording and editing! Well worth every penny. Larry is a great teacher, very patient, loves to answer questions, and really cares that you learn and use this to help build a successful business. Sign up…you will be so glad you did!
A Note From Larry…
This Course will teach you the Six Key Elements every Professional Editor knows and how to execute them. These skills are learned by practicing the Six Key Elements repeatedly, expanding your listening skills, and mastering them until they become second nature. Hence, the reason this is not just a one-time 2-hour session. During the Course, you will record, edit, and submit your work after each live session for comments and adjustments.
The Course takes place over 5 consecutive Mondays, 5:00pm-6:15pm Pacific Time.
IT IS NOT MANDATORY to be on all live sessions but highly recommended.
After each live sessions you will receive the recording of the live session and all Coursework that you will need to complete prior to the next session (due on Friday).
PLUS you will have 100% access to Larry for one-on-one coaching outside of class time to assist with any questions or challenges that come up.
You must have basic computer skills, including file folder creation & downloading, cutting and pasting, dragging & dropping, use of Skype and Dropbox and some experience with AUDACITY.
Review Audacity, Use of Keystrokes, Basic Editing, Correct Volume, Exporting Files and Understanding Noise Floor
Importing Files, Dealing w/Noise Floor, Breath Removal, Using Hard Limiter and Labeling Tracks
Dealing w/Plosives, Use of Crossfades, Use of Effects Chain, Exporting Multiple Tracks
Complete Edit Sequence, Add Music Bed, Digital "Legal Squeeze" Watermarking, Advanced Exporting
Tech Talk: Change tracks from Stereo to Mono, Using Skype as a "Phone Patch", Microphones, Interfaces, Headphones, Mic position, Personal Studio Acoustical Treatment and a Q & A on any Audacity Topic
- Setting Up and Using Dropbox correctly
- Setting Up Audacity for Speed (arranging Tools and View)
- Setting Up Keystrokes
- Clearing Out Unused Plugins
- Review of AUDACITY Setup
- Review of Keystrokes/Setup
- Settings / Setup For Effects
- Correct Recording Settings
- Microphone Volume and Playback
- Control Panel Review
- Start Recording (options)
- Play Recording (options)
- Stop Recording (options)
- Audacity Tools Tool Bar Use
- Cursor and other options
- Understanding Noise Floor
- Zooming In/Out (options)
- Cutting and Pasting
- Doing Pickups
- Removing Breaths
- Track Control Panel Functions
- Noise Floor (assessing)
- Saving / Exporting Tracks
- Audacity Files
- WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Importing/Dragging files into AUDACITY
- Noise Removal (settings and use)
- Removing Breaths (silence)
- Using Hard Limiter prior to Normalizing
- Labeling Track Sections (point & range label)
- Removing Plosives / Snaps
- Crossfades In & Out
- Creating and Use of Effects Chain
- Exporting Multiple Individual Tracks
- Complete Recording Edit
- Splitting Tracks into Sections / Using Time Shift Tool
- Add Music Bed
- Fade In / Out (not Crossfade)
- Shrink / Stretch Time of Audio
- Exporting Tracks With Specific kbps Requirements
- Changing Tracks from Stereo to Mono
- Using Skype as a “Phone Patch”
- Equipment & Personal Studio Discussion and Reference List (Microphones, Interfaces, Headphones, Acoustic Room Treatment)
- Q & A on any Audacity Topic